There are four types of sentences
An exclamatory sentence is a sentence that expresses great emotion such as excitement, surprise, happiness and anger, and ends with an exclamation point. Examples “I got an A on my Chemistry test!”
declarative sentence is a sentence that makes a statement, provides a fact, offers an explanation, or conveys information
An imperative sentence gives a command, demand, or instructions directly to an audience
- declarative sentence (statement)
- interrogative sentence (question)
- imperative sentence (command)
- exclamatory sentence (exclamation
I can speak English fluently.
He is a humble man.
The cat is sleeping on the couch.
- That birthday cake was so good!
- Roy gift was so amazing!
- Eugh, that lizard is so ugly!
- I’m so mad right now!
Imperative Sentences Examples
- Pass the bag.
- Move out of my way!
- Shut the front door.
- Find my leather jacket.
- Be there at four.
- Clean your room.
- Complete these by tomorrow.
- Consider the blue dress.
examples of interrogative sentences:
- Sir, can you spare a dime?
- Did you take your medicine this morning?
- Do you have your homework ready?
- Are you ready to go?
- Did you go to the movie Friday night?